The Village of Superior, Ohio

Superior, Ohio

Most furnace communities faded away once the furnaces went out of blast. Thanks to a successful and long running cement factory constructed a short distance from Center Furnace, the community carried on and prospered under the name of Superior (named after the cement company). Founded on April 17, 1950 with great celebration, there is now nothing left of the village of Superior. Parts of the rebuilt cement factory are still standing but on private property (which is patrolled).