Sacred Heart Cemetery – Ironton, Ohio
SACRED HEART CEMETERY TO BE
BEAUTIFIED; PLANS DISPLAYED
Submitted by Peggy A. Wells
Sacred Heart cemetery, located on the Hecla road beyond Coryville, is to be beautified during this summer and plans for the improvement are now being completed by committees from St. Lawrence congregation.
The biggest improvement at the burial plot will be the erection of a new fence along the highway, and construction of a new entrance way. Beauty of design is shown is drawings and plans are now being perfected for these items. These plans will be placed on display in the McCauley display windows during this week.
The present gates and fence are to be torn down and a rubble stone fence with piers and ornamental iron constructed. A stone and steel circle approach, similar in appearance to that built at Memorial cemetery in Wheelersburg, is to be provided and the state highway property, through the removal of a dead tree and cleaning up of the highway berm and drain way.
Sacred Heart cemetery is privately owned and the improvement is to be cared for by those with burial plots there, and others of St. Lawrence church. Bids are to be received soon and it is hoped to start actual construction within the near future.
Ironton Tribune, 26 June 1932, Sunday, Page 6.