Submitted by Carl Murdock [email@example.com]
John was the son of Jacob. John and Priscilla left Lawrence county early in the 1800’s and migrated to Indiana. Priscilla’s parents my 4th great grandparents David and Abigail Howell Porter) made that migration as well. My line Andrew Porter (Priscilla’s brother) remained in Lawrence county where many descendants still reside.
Generation No. 1
1. JOHN2 FODGE (JACOB1 FUDGE) was born January 24, 1798 in probably in Virginia, and died 1846 in probably Muncie IN. He married PRISCILLA PORTER January 02, 1818 in Lawrence Co Ohio, daughter of DAVID PORTER and ABIGAIL HOWELL. She was born April 08, 1801 in Probably in Va, and died 1872 in Wabash Co., In.
Marriage Notes for JOHN FODGE and PRISCILLA PORTER:
Performed by Bazel Lewis JP Early Marriage 1817-1823 Lawrence county Ohio Thomas A. Walton
Children of JOHN FODGE and PRISCILLA PORTER are:
i. EDMOND3 FODGE, b. 1818.
ii. JOHN JR. FODGE, b. 1820.
2. iii. DAVID M. FODGE, b. November 24, 1822, Lawrence county Ohio; d. February 19, 1863, MO.
3. iv. REV JACOB FODGE, b. October 14, 1824, Ohio; d. January 29, 1881, Pleasant Twp., Wabash Co., Indiana.
v. ALVA FODGE, b. 1825.
vi. HENRY FODGE, b. 1826.
vii. ABIGAIL FODGE, b. 1828; m. CALEB GARRETT, March 01, 1849, Indiana.
viii. SERENA FODGE, b. 1831.
ix. MILTON FODGE, b. 1831.
x. JAMES FODGE, b. 1833; m. ELIZABETH MCCONNELL, June 28, 1860, Indiana.
xi. HARVEY FODGE, b. July 1840, Indiana; m. MARY JANE FREEMAN, April 03, 1864, Indiana; b. July 1842, Ohio.
More About HARVEY FODGE:
xii. CHRISTINA FODGE, b. 1844.
Generation No. 2
2. DAVID M.3 FODGE (JOHN2, JACOB1 FUDGE) was born November 24, 1822 in Lawrence county Ohio, and died February 19, 1863 in MO. He married MARTHA JANE MANSFIELD 1844. She was born September 11, 1825 in Wayne Co IN, and died August 21, 1899.
Children of DAVID FODGE and MARTHA MANSFIELD are:
i. CHARLES WILLARD4 FODGE, m. CLARA ALICE BROTHERTON, 1878.
ii. JOHN RILEY FODGE, b. March 12, 1851, IN; d. April 22, 1936, Broken Bow Nebraska; m. OLIVE ELIZABETH YOUST, May 15, 1872, Hamilton Co Nebraska; b. March 14, 1855, Wheeling WV; d. May 26, 1930, Broken Bow Nebraska.
3. REV JACOB3 FODGE (JOHN2, JACOB1 FUDGE)1 was born October 14, 1824 in Ohio, and died January 29, 1881 in Pleasant Twp., Wabash Co., Indiana. He married GRACE ANTRIM3 November 07, 1847 in Wabash Co., Indiana. She was born February 20, 1826 in Clinton Co., Ohio, and died March 08, 1900 in Spearsville, Wabash Co., Indiana.
Notes for REV JACOB FODGE:
Notes for GRACE ANTRIM:
Children of JACOB FODGE and GRACE ANTRIM are:
i. JUSTINA4 FODGE5, b. 1849, Indiana6.
ii. REV JOHN FODGE7, b. 1850; d. March 27, 1902, Roanoke Huntington Co IN; m. (1) MARGARET GUYNN, February 13, 1871, WabashWabash Co IN, September 13, 1873, Wabash Co., Indiana8.
iii. EUNICE FODGE9, b. 1852, Indiana10.
iv. JESSE FODGE11, b. 1855, Indiana12.
v. VIOLA FODGE13, b. 1858, Indiana14.
vi. MELVILLE FODGE15, b. 1861, indiana16; m. IDA M HUTCHANS, December 08, 1906, Indiana.
vii. PRISCILLA FODGE17, b. 1863, Indiana18; m. CARL BUCKHOLD, October 19, Indiana.