W. S. RANSON GROCERY CO.
Taken from “The Headlight” on date given.
Submitted by: Robert Kingrey
The W. S. Ranson Grocery Company, wholesale grocers, located at the corner of Second and Center Streets, is one of the most prosperous and enterprising concerns in Ironton. They are among the youngest firms in the city, in point of years, but the volume of their trade stamps them as one of the healthiest and most hustling institutions. They occupy three floors 24 x 125 feet, which are well stocked with a complete line of general groceries and supplies. Two men are kept constantly on the road covering Ohio, Kentucky and West Virginia territory, where the firm enjoys a lively business.
The W. S. Ranson Grocery Co., capital stock $50,000, are getting their rooms ready at Second and Center streets and will open up for business next week. The first order received by the new firm was from Sherman Bros. Of this city.
IWR Jan. 14, 1893