Read full story HERE
The ORIGINAL Ironton Iron Company operated from 1907-1912. It was located at Lorain Street from 3rd Street to the river. This is the same spot that most currently was Ironton Coke/Allied Signal. Big Etna was located from Pleasant Street to Dayton Lane and from 3rd Street to the river. (Sarah Furnace took up a small portion of this land, at the river/Wyanoke St). This is also the location of the Dayton Malleable/Ironton Iron Co. that partially still stands today. Both of these properties were owned by Marting Iron and Steel.