D. H. Clark & Co.
Taken from “The Headlight” no date given.
Submitted by: Robert Kingrey
Mr. D. H. Clark, the senior member of the wholesale grocery firm known as D.H. Clark & Co., was born within a few miles of Ironton in 1832 and is one of the oldest gentlemen and most highly esteemed businessmen of Lawrence County. Prior to engaging in his present business he was in the dry goods line at Millersport for 20 years. His present business location is on the same site purchased by his father when the town of Ironton was first laid out. The house bears enviable reputation of being the oldest in its line in Ironton, being established in 1851 under the firm name of Clark, Murdock & Clark, afterward succeeded by Clark Bros. and at present controlled byMr. D. H. Clark. The house does a general wholesale business in their line throughout the surrounding territory of Ohio and Kentucky.