The city has had a continuous ‘cold wave’ since 1915, when Chris H. Levis and James N. Volgares established a business at Third and Oak Streets under that name, manufacturing ice cream and carbonated beverages. At the time those gentlemen chose the location for the Cold Wave, the loop streetcar line connected with the main line, and transferred passengers for the baseball games and picnics at Beechwood Park on that corner. Thus it was a busy corner. It became more and more important as the new high school as built a few blocks away on Oak Street in 1922. After 46 years, the Cold Wave which building has been remodeled with a new front, is the oldest ice cream and beverage plant in the city.