My Great Grandmothers Bible Info
Wynona (Nona) Willis Newton
(The Bible is black leather type material, on front in gold letters it says; The HOLY BIBLE. On Binder it says: The GOOD WILL BIBLE, Minute Reference Edition, National, Copyright in it is 1943)
(Underlined lettering is the lettering that was printed in the Bible)
Presented to Nona Newton
By Elliott Newton
Date August 22, 1948
*All these are wrote in by hand and I will spell the words the way they are wrote*
Elliott Jesse Newton Baptised August 29, 1948 by J.W. Sowder.
Nona Newton Baptised August 29, 1948 by J.W, Sowder.
Opal Glenna Newton Baptised August 29, 1948 by J.W. Sowder.
Alma Sheaves Newton Baptised August 29, 1948 by J.W. Sowder.
Ernie Ray Davis Baptised Oct. 16, 1955 by Burgess Grant.
Ernie Ray Davis to Donna Jean Cremeans Feb. 4, 1960
Ernie Ray Davis married Virginia Ruth Bradley
Ernie Ray Davis Died: March 17, 1994
William Edward Newton Died: Sept. 22, 1993 Titusville, Flordia
Elliott Jesse Newton Died: Feb.12, 1952
Clifford Jesse Newton Died: June 15, 1972 Willis Cemetery- Anstead, W.Va
Ina Viana Newton Davis Died: Aug. 19,1940 Buried Willis Cemetery- Anstead, W.Va
William Edward Newton Sept. 22, 1993, Cremated – ( Flordia)
Ernie Ray Davis March 17, 1994, Huntington, WVa. CSX at work, Buried at Louisa Ky.
This is to Certify that
Elliott Jesse Newton Born at Graydon, W.Va on April 4, 1891 and Wynona Willis Born at Lawrence Co. Ohio on June 21, 1892
were joined together in the bonds of
at Elmo, W.Va on the Oct. 15 1915 in the presence of Pearl Brewer and Roy Brewer, George B. Dever, clergyman
Parents— Husbands Parent’s—Father— George Jasper Newton Mother—Sunnoh Bowles (Sunnah- maybe hard to tell), Married at— Summer Co. W.Va.
Father: Date of death: May 3, 1923 Place of Burial: Good Luck
Mother: Date of death: May 7, 1926 Place of Burial: Good Luck
Wife’s Parents—Father— Edmund Willis Mother: Almeda Layne Married at:Lawrence Co. Ohio
Father: Date of death: December 15, 1918 Place of Burial: Willis Cemetery, Graydon
Mother: Date of death: May 5, 1933 Place of burial: Willis Cemetery
Husband’s Grandparents—Father’s family—Grandfather— Ebenezer Newton
Mother’s family—Mother’s family—Grandfather— Bowles
Wife’s Grandparents—Father’s family—Grandfather— William Willis
Mother’s family—Grandfather— John Layne Grandmother— Nancy Layne
Elliott Jesse Newton and Nona Willis Newton’s Children:
1. Clifford Jesse Newton Date of birth: Dec. 9, 1917 Place of birth: Elmo, W.VaMarried: Alma Mae Sheves (Sheaves), Feb. 3, 1939, Children: Norma Lee Newton, Nov. 14, 1939, Ina Mae, May 2, 1941, Gary Lester, Dec. 2, 1944, Charles Richard, April 22, 1947 or 1949 (hard to make out)
2. Ina Viana Date of birth: Jan. 28, 1921 Place of birth: Graydon, WVa,Married: Ershel Ray Davis Date: Nov. 10, 1939 Place of Burial: Willis Cemetery Children: Ernie ray Davis, Aug. 15, 1940
3. William Edward , Date of Birth: July 23, 1923, Place of birth: Graydon, W.Va Married: Eva Francis Reese, date of death: May 6, 1949 Children: Ruth Dean, Feb.21,1950, Wm, Edward, Jr., Mar. 12, 1951, Willis Allen, Dec. 10, 1953
4. Opal Glenna, Jan. 1, 1930, Cunard, W.Va
Great Grand Children:
1. Morris David Byrd Jr, Huntington, W.Va
2. Evelyn Mae Byrd, Huntington, W.Va
3. John Gallegher Brizendine Jr., Htgn., W.Va
4. Lois Ann Byrd, Htgn., W.Va
5. Paul Elliott Davis, Htgn., W.Va
6. Bridget Catherine Brizendine
7. Deborah Lee Brizendine
8. Shellee Rae Davis Married: Bruce Dwayne Davis, July 15
9. Sherry Lynn
10. Randy Allen
11. Mark Elliott
12. William Edward (Billy) Newton
13. James Gregery Brisendine
14. Kristen Newton
Military Service Record
Name: William Edward Newton Branch of Service: Army Place of Entrance:W. Thomas, Ky. Date: Feb. 12, 1943 Rank: P?? (can not tell) First Assignment:87th Signal Company
Record of Foreign Service and Combat: Embarkation Nov. 4, 1944, Wounded March 14, 1945, Returned July 13, 1945
Record of Citations and Awards: Good Conduct Medal and Purple Heart Medal
Released from Service: December 16, 1945 Rank: Pfc.
That was all the info in the Bible.